Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro S&F Pro does not work when Visual Composer is activated.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

I believe our devs are working on this and they will let me know what they find. If a bug fix is needed (I am not sure what the issue is right now) then hopefully it will be in the release that is due today/tomorrow (or as soon as it is ready).

Ross Moderator

Hi Maxime

I figured out the issue – I’ll try to explain..

This page is currently working ok, with visual composer disabled:

http://maximegiraud.fr/fpe/recherche/

Notice the first search result “recherche”, it is a result of the current page, and underneath (the_excerpt) there is a blank space…

Now when you enable visual composer this page no longer works…

When using a shortcode, the display of results is defined by the template in the S&f folder – templates/results.php..

Commenting out the_excerpt makes this page work again, with S&F and visual composer enabled 🙂

So… I tracked down the issue, it seems when visual composer is disabled, the_excerpt does not run shortcodes inside, when visual composer is enabled it actually executes shortcodes inside the_excerpt

The problem is with the first result – “recherche” – because it is the S&F results page, and if it executes the result shortcode in the_excerpt, then you have an endless loop…

One way to get around this is to exclude the page with your search results, from the search results… To do this, in S&F, go to the posts tab, and where its says “exclude post ids”, simply put in a 6, this mean S&F and visual composer in this instance will have no issues.

Best

Maxime GIRAUD

Ross Hello and thank you for your explanation!
    I actually tested and it works well.
    If I understand correctly, each Visual Composer users should experience this problem.
    Anyway, the workaround works very well and I’m satisfied.
    Thanks to you two.
    Have a good day.

Trevor Moderator

Can I close this thread now and mark it resolved?

Maxime GIRAUD

Absolutely 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘S&F Pro does not work when Visual Composer is activated.’ is closed to new replies.