Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Set default search order

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tom B

Hi there!

I have used the plugin for a house rental company and it works great 🙂 I have one request from the client and that is: How can we set the order of the posts so that we can decide which posts to be shown on the first page before you start filtering results? They have 8-10 apartments that they want to be displayed in a certain order before you can filter your preferred search.

Link to page: https://cityhousing.no/apartments/

Kind regards,
    Tom B.

Trevor Moderator

You can only do this if you are using a PHP template to display the results. The logic would be to test if a search has been made. If not, show the default houses using a loop for that, or, if a search has been made, use the loop for the search results. As you are using the Post Type Archive, it is possible that you are using a discrete PHP template. Is this the case, or is the theme a framework, where the archive is made from code hidden in the theme?

Tom B

Hi Trevor, thanks for your quick reply. I am using avada theme I will php template there.

Trevor Moderator

So, the logic would look something like this (the ID would match that of the search form):

global $searchandfilter;
    $sf_current_query = $searchandfilter->get(1234)->current_query();
    if ((!$sf_current_query->is_filtered())&&($sf_current_query->get_search_term()=="")) {
      // the code to display the 8-10 default houses
    } else {
      // the normal results loop code here
    }

But, I am not sure Avada uses traditional templates, so this may be difficult to code. In the past, other Avada users have needed to use a third party grid plugin, such as this method (which does not offer the option to do as you want in this case):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/post-grid/

Tom B

Thank you I will try 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.