Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Selecting multiple fields to filter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hovig Nassanian

Hi again Ross,

Thanks for your ongoing support.

Is it possible to select more than one field (in my case, categories) to filter results?
    Here is my sample url that I’m working on – http://50.87.248.75/~smstaffm/?page_id=124

So basically I need to know if it’s possible to select more than one radio button in the ‘Search Current Jobs’ left sidebar?

Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey Hovig no problem.

You must select “checkbox” input type to select mulitple – or choose the “multiselect” input type.

Radio buttons are designed to only allow a single option 😉

Thanks

Hovig Nassanian
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Hovig

When you look at this field in the search form UI you will see a dropdown called “search operator”, with this you can choose from AND and OR 🙂

Thanks

Hovig Nassanian

Hi again Ross,

Don’t think you understood my question. I know how to choose between AND and OR for each section, but my question is how to do it when searching/filtering across two sections (in my case, the JOB SECTOR and JOB LOCATION separate search categories). The default is using OR but I would like to be able to change that to AND. Does this make more sense? Any solution?

Thanks much.

Ross Moderator

Hey Hovig

Unfortunately this is not possible yet due to other restrictions within the plugin.

I will look at adding this in a future version.

Thanks

Hovig Nassanian

Ok Ross. It would really be useful if you could add it in a future version, thanks.

Do you think it is something I can resolve for the time being with some HTML code? Or is it too complicated to attempt it?

Appreciate your quick replies and help very much.

Ross Moderator

No worries…

Unfortunately the reason it is not already an option is because it is complicated to add! It gets tricky when mixing this up with the other field types (such as meta) but I agree this is an important feature to include!

Hopefully it will be in an update sooner rather than later 😉

Thanks

Hovig Nassanian

In my case, I just need it to work across 2 category fields (no meta…etc), that’s why I was hoping for some HTML/code solution.

Looking forward to the update (-:

Gordon McAlpin

I’d like to bump this and request that this is updated sooner rather than later.

I’m using Advanced Custom Fields and have a repeater field set to indicate locations associated with a post (places where the events in the post took place); some posts have more than one location associated with them, like Minneapolis and Saint Paul.

The way ACF stores things like that is in multiple different Meta Keys: location_0_name, location_1_name, etc. So if I set up a Post Meta field for location_0_name, Search & Filter does not return a result for a query that matched location_1_name.

Or is there another way to achieve this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.