Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro search results with bbpress and ajax

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • eli Shvrzman

hi,
    i’m using the plugin for bbpress forums.
    created the a search form and limited it to a specific forum, and used the shortcode option to display the results and inserted it to the forum page. customized the results php to display the same way as the forum posts page.
    the problem is with the data and css of the posts. i guess something to do with the ajax and the way it pulls out data . it’s transferring the post name and date but all other info like author name and avatar, number of responses and more are not showing up, also it’s not pulling the custom css for this section.
    would really appreciate help making this work as expected.

best regards,
    eli.

Ross Moderator

Hey Eli

Do you have a link I could look at?

Thanks

eli Shvrzman
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Eli

What happens when you disable Ajax?

I just had a look, and I think, even without ajax its not working the same as the forums.

I think the styling issues are to do with your HTML structure, not following the exact same as the regular bbpress forum.

Thanks

eli Shvrzman

hi ross,
    i don’t think so, because i copied the loop-single-topic.php into results.php and this is what i get.
    any ideas what can be wrong?.
    another thing is that after getting the results the search form stops working.

Ross Moderator

Hi Eli

But that doesn’t mean your HTML structure is identical, for example, your results shortcode is nested inside some extra divs – this alone can make the CSS not work.

Integrating the layout is not an issue within S&F – it never has been, as long as you understand how the CSS in your theme works.

RE the search form stopping working – I am not seeing this issue – can you be more specific?

Thanks

eli Shvrzman
    Ross Moderator
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.