Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search in one category only

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Trevor

This thread has gone in so many different directions, I am no longer sure what you are trying to do?

Anonymous

I need to have a search form in a page that is able to search in one category only. I managed to do this with the information Ross gave me on this thread.

However, as I needed to display the search results using Post Type Archive and I already had a form that displayed results this way on my homepage, I had to find another way to do this. That’s when I found this other thread with what seemed like a way for me to work this out, this is why I asked how I could know the CPT url, so I could see if it worked.

Once I found the CPT URL and added it to the settings in the search form, I saw that once I did the filtering (inside the page with the form to search in one category only) the results wouldn’t display as I wanted, because it wasn’t filtering the results according to the taxonomies I set in the form, E.g. In the page Summer Camps, I’d expect only to find summer camp programmes in Canada if I filtered them this way, but when I select “Canada” in the form, as results I get all programmes in Canada, not the Summer Camps only.

So basically it’s still the same issue, I haven’t been able to search in just one category unless I display results in Archive (which is not the best way to do so as it looks like a blog).

Trevor

Ah, OK. I see. The twists and turns. I think a (voice) chat might be in order to brainstorm this. Do you have Skype?

Anonymous
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor

Contact request sent.

Anonymous

Hello Trevor!

Thanks for helping me earlier. I did what you told me (copying the results.php page to /themes/Avada/search-filter) but I’m getting this error: Error: The custom template file results.php cannot be found – go to Display Results tab to fix

I also tried placing it in the child theme but I’m still getting the same error.

I’m not very good with php so I’m having a bit of a hard time customizing the results.php file, so I was wondering if you have an example of how a results page looks customized (code & visual) because I’m only good at HTML and CSS hehe 🙂

Thank you!

Trevor
    Trevor

Hi Harumi

Ross is going to have to code something special for you, so he will take over this thread. Can you make a Private reply and give him admin logins and ftp details so that he can access the files so he can do the coding to resolve this matter with your Avada Theme using the secial Portfolio CPT?

Anonymous
    Ross Moderator

Hey Harumi

Sorry for the delay here..

Ok so I’ve looked, and read the thread a few times, but am getting confused by what you are trying to achieve.

Can we start, with an example of 1 search page, setup the correct way, and then explain your problem again integrating a second search form with this?

Lets focus on one search form only – I see you have a lot there which is throwing me off.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)