Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search function not showing any results

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anonymous

I’ve attempted to build out a search function to search through properties on a real estate website. When I follow the steps on this page: (https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/elementor/), for “Posts, Portfolio, & Product Widgets” when I switch the Query to Search and Filter it removes all the properties and replaces with “nothing found” even though there are no filters applied and there should be content there.

My post types have been created with Custom Post Types UI plugin and the fields within those were created using Advanced Custom Fields Pro – these are the fields that I need the users of the site to be able to search and filter by.

What am I doing wrong here? I’ve tried every combination of tutorials on YouTube and your website and nothing seems to filter the results.

Trevor
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor

One thing I can see is that, for most of the Post Meta form fields, you have selected the ‘wrong’ meta key name. In selecting the Meta Key name, note a ‘gotcha’ with ACF ….

… it makes 3 meta keys per field, like this (in this example for a field named ‘land’):

#1 _suburb
    #2 field_5d5e7ec69feb6
    #3 suburb

In our Meta Key selection list, you need to use key #3, without the underscore at the start of the key name. If you choose #1 by mistake, in the field choices you will see the name of #2 (unless you manually set the options).

Anonymous

Thanks Trevor, seems to be working well now with the fields search.

How do I get the “search” field also able to look into the property_address field to be able to type things like “Toronto” to see listings in Toronto or “500 Queen St W” to go directly to the listing they are looking for?

Trevor

Our plugin does not directly allow you to do text searches of individual Post Meta (custom fields) and Taxonomy (Category, Tags and Taxonomies) data/terms. The Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the form’s Advanced settings tab you will see 2 settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set Relevanssi up and build its index (make sure it is indexing the desired post types, custom fields AND any taxonomy that you want to search).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)