Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search Form UI on archive page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Feliks Stavitski

Hi,

I can’t figure it out, how to add search form to my search results page. I use Display Results Method “As an Archive”.
    The results page shows all the correct posts but not search form. My page is here http://kontiki.convertonline.ee/otsing
    Do I have to add something to my template file?

Trevor Moderator

If your theme does not allow you to define sidebars and extra widget areas on your archives pages, then the only other way is to use echo do_shortcode..... in the archives template.

Feliks Stavitski

Thank You again.

This works but with one weird twist. This created filter works only when I refresh the page. Just by selecting filtering option, it does not work. Is there some tweak?

And second question: Is it possible to make the filtering system conditional (I don’t know how to call it)? So if the user filters posts using first option (in my page it is “Filter by Continent”), then in the next step user can filter only within these already filtered out results. And so on.

I hope I was clear enough 🙂

Trevor Moderator

Let us address the second question first. On the General Settings tab, as long as you have Auto Count switched on (both boxes) and in each form field you have checked ON Hide Empty, this should work.

The first is usually achieved with Ajax being on. Is that not working?

Feliks Stavitski

Thank You.

The first one still remains the same. You can see it here: http://kontiki.convertonline.ee/otsing/

The screenshot with Ajax settings:

Ajax-settings

I think the Ajax settings are correct?

Trevor Moderator

You have the results url site to .site-main inner but that includes the search form, and that is not allowed and is probably why Ajax is not working. The results need to be in their own container.

Feliks Stavitski

How do I move the results and the search form to a different container? Do You mean, that I have to just move the search form out of the .site-main inner div?

Trevor Moderator

Yes, that.

Feliks Stavitski

Thank You again.
    You can close this topic as resolved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Search Form UI on archive page’ is closed to new replies.