Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums General Search Form breaks part of site

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Andrew Turner

Hi,

I’ve noticed when I add the S&F form to a page the main header logo disappears and the logo showcase I have at the bottom of the page gets broken. In browser console I can see a number of JS errors which must be causing this.

The page is setup with the ‘Using a Shortcode’ method, I switched to this method (from As an archive) because it allows me to use the listings page as a standard wordpress page. If I remove the S&F form and just show the results the logo/showcase issues are resolved.

I’ll leave a private reply after this initial thread with a link to the URL.

Andrew Turner
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andrew Turner

I’ve renewed my license now, the site is only running WordPress 5.2.9 so I don’t think that will be the issue, plus that plugin says it isn’t designed to work with this version of WordPress.

Trevor Moderator

You are using v2.2.0 of our plugin, which is VERY (maybe 5 years?). Can you upgrade it to v2.5.2, BUT FIRST TAKE A FULL BACKUP?

As it is so old, you will need to perform a manual update.

1. Use ftp to delete the search and filter plugin folder. Do not try to delete from the plugins page in the WordPress admin.
    2. Download the latest version from Your Account.
    3. In WordPress, use the Plugins -> Add New -> Upload method to install the latest version and activate it.

You may also need to rebuild the cache in the form.

Andrew Turner

Updated and seems to have fixed all my issues, thanks.

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Search Form breaks part of site’ is closed to new replies.