Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search for Product Categories in text field search

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Christoffer Landberg

Hello!

I am using the Search & Filter plugin on a WooCommerce site and have a text search form that searches for the post type “product”. It finds all products that includes the word I search for, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to make it match against the products categories as well. I know you can add a dropdown select box of different categories to filter the search but I want the text field to match these categories.

For example, if I search for “rose” it finds all products called “rose”. But if I search for “flowers” I want to find all products that are part of the category “flowers”. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Christoffer

Trevor Moderator

The standard Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title and Content. To help you control this better, on the form advanced tab you will see settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set it up and build its index. Note that we do not support any of the formatting options in Relevanssi. We use it to allow you extend what is searched, and what relevance is placed on the content.

Christoffer Landberg

Thanks for the quick reply! Will try it out!

Kind regards, Christoffer

Christoffer Landberg

Works great! Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Search for Product Categories in text field search’ is closed to new replies.