Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search field not looking for post meta

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ross.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • besweeet

I have a custom post type where the only content are housed within two custom fields. The all results view displays them like I want. The category filter works as well. It’s just the search field that’s displaying zero results regardless of what’s typed in.

So, it doesn’t appear as though the search field searches custom post meta.

How to proceed?

Ross Moderator

Hi there

You can install another (free) plugin to allow the search field to search inside custom post meta – https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/relevanssi/

Thanks

besweeet

I installed the plugin, activated it, enabled it in the Advanced tab with my search form, rebuilt the cache, and it’s not working.

Regardless of what I enter into the search field, the results area becomes completely blank. I can provide a screen recording if needed. The results area does refresh correctly when I use the other search filters, such as selecting the category.

Ross Moderator

Lets disable Relevanssi for now, and fix the other issue in the other thread you started, when that is complete, we can resume this one.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Looks like your Relevanssi issue was resolved in the other thread with Trevor 🙂

Closing this one now.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.