Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Search by geolocation

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ross.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • starenlared

Hello!

From what I’ve seen in other forum posts, geolocation search functionality is not yet available.

We are planning to implement it ourselves, but I would like you to confirm if I could do it with the filters available in your plugin.

First of all, you would need to include a new field in the form, with a Km distance selector. With which filter could I do it? I have not seen this specifically in the documentation

Secondly, for searches I have seen that I could use a plugin like this: https://gschoppe.com/wordpress/location-searches/ that extends the WP Query class and then use your sf_edit_query_args filter to add the filter for X km away from the user’s location. Have you done any tests with this type of systems? Would it work well in conjunction with your plugin?

I await your response, thank you very much!

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    starenlared
    starenlared
    Ross Moderator
    Ross Moderator
    starenlared
    starenlared

Hello

We would like to know if there are any news regarding the new version that includes searches by geolocation. Is there any progress in this regard? Do you think it will be in a short period of time?

Thank you very much.

Ross Moderator

Hi Starenlared

I’m afraid not, I don’t think this feature will make 3.0, but hopefully 3.1 – that will be a few months away yet

Best

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.