Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Result displaying on the same page Problem

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anonymous

Hi all,

I’ve researched many plugins for search and filter specific posts on my page. I’ve also watched many tutorials for your Plugin Search and Filter and I was convinced to order.

I want to use it on a page for FAQ and Maintenance questions from users, so they could find easier the answer to their question.
    What I want to achieve is to have 3 filters and results (post types) as articles displayed automatically on the same page with the same design of the posts and the whole page.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t do that so easily. I found that to display results (using AJAX) on the same page I have to download additional PlugIn – Post Grid and to add specific HTML code directly on the page in order to work correctly.
    It wouldn’t be a problem but I using the plugin “Post Grid” I can stylize the view of the post the way I did it with the widget in Elementor Pro for showing Posts. And this really is a problem for me.
    I can’t compromise the design in order to search and filter plugin to work the way I want to.

1. Can you give a solution using your Plugin for filtering posts and showing results automatically on the same page?

FYI: https://web2019.b2n.bg/%d0%bf%d0%be%d0%b4%d0%b4%d1%80%d1%8a%d0%b6%d0%ba%d0%b0/

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,
    Vanya

Trevor

Are you using the Elementor Pro plugin? If so, we have an additional extension for that, download from the top of these instructions:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/elementor/

Anonymous

Thank you for your help. Now looks much better and it works.

I have still some issues with the look of the results.
    Do I have the option to have a “Load more” button or to have an infinitive scroll BUT only when the user has submitted the search?
    Now with the posts widget of Elementor Pro, I do not have the option of adding a “Load more” which would work just perfectly.

Thank you very much once again.

Anonymous

And one more question.

How can I choose specific posts to be shown always at the beginning when the user hasn’t begun the search?
    I want them to be examples of Frequently Asked Questions and eventually, the user finds the answer even before he begins to search.

Trevor

Load more is not yet available for our plugin. It will come with V3 (due in a few months).

Did you set Infinite Scroll in our plugin settings?

I am not sure, but I think you may need to make the posts ‘sticky’ in WordPress. There may be another way, using a custom field, but can you try that first?

Anonymous

Hi Trevor,

I set off the infinite scroll because I didn’t want to have it when the user has not selected any filters.
    I have some other stuff on the page and I want them to be easily visible as well.
    I want it to have whether the functions infinite scroll when displaying results or load more button (which I prefer because the user would have more control over the search and results).

I’ve tried the sticky post but it is not working as expected with the plugin.

I want specific posts to be pinned on the top of the search always when the user hasn’t begun to filter different options.
    Then when he filtered exactly what he is looking for the results are shown – best case when the results are more than 6 posts to be shown with the options to load more or show more if he wants to see more results.

Trevor

Ah, I see. I do not know of a way to do what you want. It would likely mean some advanced custom PHP coding using this filter (used in the child theme functions.php file):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/action-filter-reference/#edit-query-arguments

You would first have to detect if any query had been set, possibly using code like this (but it may have to be modified):

global $searchandfilter;
    $sf_current_query = $searchandfilter->get(1234)->current_query();
    if ((!$sf_current_query->is_filtered())&&($sf_current_query->get_search_term()=="")) {
      // modify the query to place the desired posts first
    }

You would need the services of a skilled coder I would think.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)