Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Restrict taxonomy terms to those relevant to selected CPT(s)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tom

Hi there,

Using the hide empty option to good effect, however keen to see if can go a level beyond and restrict the term options displayed (when giving a taxonomy filter) to only those relevant to the selected CPT(s).

Example would be we have a very long list of companies that are relevant site-wide, but we’re offering a custom search & filter on a specific CPT – so would only want users to be able to select those associated with said CPT.

Hide empty ‘plus’ as it were… so that terms not connected to the CPT in question are also skipped out.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Tom

Whoops – renewed now!

Trevor Moderator

Do you have a live page with a form on, and an example search that you refer to? What sort of page is it on? A taxonomy term archive page? Does the search form have the taxonomy in it?

Tom

Site is currently PW protected – can provide if needs be?

The basic layout is using the shortcode method…

Search fields… settings restricts to a single CPT

1. Text search
    2. Companies (Taxonomy)
    3. Region (Taxonomy)
    4. Countries (Taxonomy)
    4. Cities (Taxonomy)

My question actually becomes relevant for all 2-4 as this CPT WILL have content relating to countries, but setting the main taxonomy term group as the selection means I pull in all countries – whereas I’d only want to show the list that’s relevant to the CPT – ’empty’ option only gets me so far as some countries not relevant to this CPT will be assigned to others… hope that makes sense?!

Trevor Moderator
    Tom
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.