Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Relevanssi Integration not working

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Anonymous

I have added the Relevanssi plugin and integrated it with search and filter pro but its not working at all

https://ambera14.sg-host.com/?sfid=95807&_sf_s=In%20the%20way%20of

Anonymous

Please update

Trevor
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous

Any Update?

Anonymous

Relevanssi is working.

these features are not:
    1. Highlight keyword search terms in results
    2. Not searching taxonomies
    3. Keyword search terms showing in snippet content
    results

Trevor

I am sorry you did not get a reply. We closed for business at the end of the working day on Thursday 31 December 2021.

Friday 1 January 2021 was a public holiday in the UK, and we do not work weekends.

We start work at 10AM UK time, which was about 2 hours after your last reply. I have been catching up on the inevitable backlog, and have just gotten to your ticket.

With regard to Relevanssi, and its settings, only some work with our plugin. This is because we only use Relevanssi to receive back from it a list of Post IDs that match the string sent (from our form), but we do not support their advanced settings, such term highlighting, and their excerpt options, nor do we support any added features in the Premium version.

We do intend to extend the functionality of our support for Relevanssi sometime in the V3 development cycle, but not in the first release, so this may be some time coming.

Thus, in points 1 and 3, these features are not supported.

Relevanssi should be searching in any taxonomy that you have set in its search settings and returning the Post IDs to our form. You need to make sure that those taxonomies are selected in the Relevanssi settings and that you save that, and rebuild the Relevanssi Index.

Anonymous

hello,
    I have the same question and found this thread. Too bad S&F does not support Relevanssi’s powerful features. I consider search hit highlighting to be an essential feature which enhances user experience greatly. I hope future versions will either integrates more with Relevanssi’s features or better yet come with built-in highlighting feature.

Being able to set the length of result snippets would also be very handy. I had to enable this with hand code in functions.php file.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi Steven, we too felt the highlight was essential and did build a custom coded one that works. I could have my coder give instructions to you.

I would be interested in your hand code for the results snippets. Send me an email at amber@zipperstudio.com and I’d love to exchange with you so this could also solve your issue until they make that feature work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)