Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Problems with Search & Filter plugin and Avada theme

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Steve Jones

Hi, Ok i think i need to just not use the avada search function and switch to using an actual page for my results with the shortcode on.

1 thing I want to do is add a simple search box on the menu to input your search word, then loads the page with the results with filtering options. Is there a way to just grab the input box from the search form to use on the menu when a small magnifying glass icon is clicked?

Trevor Moderator

You could make a form with just the search box on and add that to the menu using a shortcode? Then on the results page, have a bigger form (which must have a search box plus any other fields you need. I think it is possible to style the submit button to have a search icon. For now just test it with the letter ‘S’ and somewhere on this forum is an example how to have a search icon instead. Ah, here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/icon-instead-of-text-in-submit-button/

Steve Jones

Hi thanks for that. ive used a form called search box. the results are then show on a page with the shortcode and filtering options in a sidebar widget – both of the other form which has the filtering i need, thats all fine.

I’ll check out the menu options and icons next.

One thing though, the menu search box is also a feature on the sidebar on many pages – ie. just a search box.
    One question, how do I stop the page loading of to the results page as soon as i start typing? It doesn’t let me finish the words im trying to type.

Trevor Moderator

Switch off Auto Submit.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.