Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Problem with search field (not finding post when category is not selected)

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kaja Haler
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kaja Haler

Hi, thanks for your response.
    So if I understand right, I need your plugin form on search page to make this work?
    If so, can I just display search bar (without any taxonomies, otherwise it’s too big on mobile):

I will also think about replacing Beautiful Taxonomy Filter plugin with yours, but I really like what their plugin is doing. I would like to keep it but if this makes conflict…

Trevor Moderator

I think you would need the search form on that page yes. On the results page, I normally hide any general theme search functions, and have just our form (even if the search is in a nav bar, I would hide that on the search results page).

If the search results page (that should have our form on) is to be the one you want to use even for the general theme search, you can use a WordPress rewrite to make that general them search send a text search to our form.

In the child theme functions.php file you would have a function like this:

function sandf_change_search_url_rewrite() {
    	if ( is_search() && ! empty( $_GET['s'] ) ) {
    		wp_redirect( home_url( "mypageslugname/?_sf_s=" ) . urlencode( get_query_var( 's' ) ) );
    		exit();
    	}	
    }
    add_action( 'template_redirect', 'sandf_change_search_url_rewrite' );

Where you change mypageslugname to that for your search results page.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.