Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Problem with results of a search and then applying filters

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Hi Mike

Yeah I’ve been having a look but racking my brain as to what the problem is.

You mention you still have the same problems when switching over to default WP theme – whereas when I set it up locally I do not…

My advice would be to create a new site in another environment (preferably online so I can debug with you, but as a test you could setup locally). Start with a default WP theme, install S&f, and then add some sample content – keep it clean and don’t install any other plugins or themes as this is just for testing.

Let me know when you have set this up….

Such a tricky one this one!

Anonymous

Hi Ross,

I’ve managed to set up a clean test site locally as per your instructions….and it’s working! So far, I’ve only installed WooCommerce and the storefront theme. What’s the best way of progressing from here? installing and testing the other plugins one by one?

Anonymous

Hi Ross, just checking in and seeing if you have any thoughts on the best way to proceed?

Ross Moderator

Hi Mike

Apologies thought I’d replied.

Yeah the best way is as you mention, enable plugins one by one, and do a test in between each to make sure S&F is still working 🙂

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi Ross,

Relevanssi is definitely causing the problem.

I installed up-to-date versions of the plugins and when I enable it under Advanced/Use Relevanssi in searches, it breaks.

I’m getting exactly the same behaviour in my new clean test site, my live site and the standard WordPress themes Twenty Eleven – Twenty Fifteen.

Not sure if this helps?

Ross Moderator

Hi Mike

That does help – another user recently reported a Relevanssi issue too – so I guess one of their recent updates messed things up – I’m going to take a look at this and get back to you – likely at some point next week.

Thanks

Anonymous

Glad I can be of some help. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do.

Apart from producing a great plugin, I really appreciate the support that you also offer. Top marks!

Anonymous

Hi Ross,

I was wondering if you had been able to make any progress on this issue?

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Hi Mike

A Relevanssi fix is coming in v2.0, please check the sticky on these forums for the latest update on this 🙂

Thanks

Anonymous

Thanks Ross

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 32 total)