Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Problem with multiple category type fields

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

What version were you on before?

Gianfranco
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I have passed that question over to Ross, the developer, as this was well before my time at the company. From a purely logical point of view, having multiple taxonomies is preferable. Even before I use S&F Pro, I always did that on sites I made, as it makes for far better SEO and easier management of data.

Gianfranco

I understand the logical point of view, but right now I can’t upgrade my client website due of a feature missing after plugin upgrade 🙁

Obviously I don’t blame you or your team and I thank you very much for your time and support, but it would be GREAT to have S&F Pro working again with multiple category fields like it was in previous version.

Ross Moderator

Hi Gianfranco

I’m the dev of S&F here 🙂

The “feature” you mention has never been a feature of S&F, even S&F free (which pro was based on) could never support this and actually it was quite a common request from users that I still didn’t implement.

Do you have a link where I can see this “feature” in action? If it worked, it would have been a happy bug and would be very surprised to see it!

Do you still have the old version of the plugin you can continue using for now?

Thanks

Gianfranco
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Gianfranco

I’m very surprised to see that! Its never officially worked and has been an issue since before pro was released.

I’m afraid to say in this case I’m not sure what to suggest.

I would test S&F 1.1.6 on a clean install of latest WP to see if it works, I don’t see why not but I haven’t tested it.

Otherwise the only thing to do is to upgrade S&F and you would have to change your taxonomies around.

Sorry that this has happened, we are not in the habit of taking away features – I think what you’ve found is a very unusual situation here where you have been relying on a “happy” bug that was never intended to work in the first place.

As mentioned, users’ have requested this as a feature for some time, and I do plan to implement it, but this won’t be until the next major release (some time).

Best

Gianfranco

Hi, I’m triyng to use S&F Pro 1.1.6 with last version of wordpress, and I have the following problem: category dropdown fields are empty on frontend, as a select with no options.
    Can you tell me how to fix it?

Gianfranco

Or, at least, do you think this CAN be fixed, or it’s a waste of time trying to make S&F Pro 1.1.6 with last version of wordpress?

Trevor Moderator

So much has changed in WordPress over those two years. Anything could be stopping it working.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Problem with multiple category type fields’ is closed to new replies.