Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Posts per Page : label of items of dropdown and label of selected item

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bbr13

Hi,

I use a dropdown “Posts per Page” and, if possible, I want :
    – to display for each item in the dropdown “XX posts per page”
    – to display “xx posts per page” on the selected item after the dropdown is closed

Now, the display is “3” or “12”… and this is not good.

Can you help me please,
    Bruno

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

bbr13

Hi Trevor,

Here is a live page archive page with S&F : https://www.droitdelacommandepublique.fr/?sfid=123

At the top of the page you will see the field “Dossiers par pages” with the dropdown next to the label. For responsible issues, I should prefer to display IN the dropdown “XX pages par page”. Idem for all the labels of the dropdown. I can’t add the pseudo element “after”. For some reason that I don’t understand, it does not work.

You will see in the page that the S&F form at the top is the same that the sidebar. I use it twice and use css (display:none) in the hide elements. I read somewhere in the forum support that the V3 will allow th split a form : that is great. Could you tell me more about technical information and release date ?

Can you tell me if in the future version, it will be possible to delete the filter field by field. For exemple with a “X” in each title. Because with lot of item (in my page: “Table des matières”, it is not easy to delete all the filter on this field, if I want a new researh with not a total reset of the other fields.

These other request are not critical.

Regards,
    Bruno

Trevor Moderator

I can see what you want, yes. To modify the field value is possible using this filter (but it will also affect the list):

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/action-filter-reference/#filter-input-object

Using a form twice in a page might cause issues, so be aware and test well. It is something we do not recommend. as you have them set, I cannot see how the top form can communicate with the side form to work.

The display of searched for terms with x to remove will be coming. You could make the dropdown field a multi-select combobox (but make sure in our general settings you make the combobox script to be Select2 and not chosen. That usually lists the terms selected in the field with x’s. But, your terms are very long, so this may not be a good idea.

bbr13

THAT’S GREAT !
    Thank you a lot.
    Up to now, I have no trouble with S&F with this install. But I understand your advise and I am looking forward to the third release in order to be “clean”.

Regards,
    Bruno

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    bbr13
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Posts per Page : label of items of dropdown and label of selected item’ is closed to new replies.