Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Porting Avada Portfolio Template

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anonymous

We’re using the “Search & Filter Pro” plugin to filter access to a Portfolio created with the Avada Theme. We’d like to port their attractive layouts for search results. It looks like the key is the following code:

$args[‘tax_query’][] = array(
    ‘taxonomy’ => ‘portfolio_category’,
    ‘field’ => ‘term_id’,
    ‘terms’ => $pcats
    );

$gallery = new WP_Query($args);

The templates in Avada go on to use the gallery object to pull other information together. Can you offer guidance or an example of how to port this to conform to The Loop?

Ross Moderator

Hi Ian

I’m not sure what you are trying to do or what hte above code does?

If you are finding this inside a template that you wish to use with S&F (ie porfolio), to make this template work with the global query/ the loop, then likely you would have to remove this query altogether, and hopefully your loop would use hte one generate by S&F.

Thanks

Anonymous

It looks like the “gallery” referenced in the code is a container for all the posts in an Avada Portfolio. I was hoping someone has done this port before and could offer some guidance on how to convert Avada’s nicely formatted galleries for use with the S&F plugin.

Ross Moderator

Ah ok, I haven’t tried to convert those before, as I mentioned its usually to do with digging around the code and finding any queries that are overriding the main query generated by S&F (and removing them so they don’t interfere).

Let me know if you do get it working, I’m sure that info will be useful to other users using Avada.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)