Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Pods and Search and Filter

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

If you enable WP_DEBUG, what does it tell you?

https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

If that doesn’t reveal anything, do your server error logs?

chinesenetworksucl-ac-uk

I spoke to the WP support team and this is what they said:

The plugin search-filter-pro seems to be throwing error on the error logs.
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16777224 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/search-filter-pro/public/includes/fields/posts_per_page.php on line 166
    Please reach the plugin support team to look into this, and deactivate the plugin till the time you get this fixed.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    chinesenetworksucl-ac-uk
    chinesenetworksucl-ac-uk
    Trevor Moderator

Let us first see what the form problem is. This will (most likely) be one of a few issues:

#1. The form definition is corrupt in the database. This can be confirmed by making an identical form and testing. If that form works on a test page, and the original does not, try replacing the old form with the new form on the age in question. This would be caused by a server problem. This will not have been caused by our form.
    #2. If it only fails then, something else on the page is the cause/conflict. In this case, build up the test page one part at a time to try to identify the cause. If you do find the cause, then investigate that. It is unlikely to be our form.
    #3. It might be another plugin, which, in combination with our plugin causes the problem. Test by deactivating as many other plugins as possible. If the problem goes, then reactivate the plugins one at a time to see which one was the issue.

To further explain why I think these scenarios are possible, the error message you saw is an out of memory message. Given that the amount of memory is easily sufficient, something is ‘eating’ the memory. This is likely a loop in a plugin that has not been written with a failsafe, and so keeps going without ending and eventually runs out of memory.

As to the idea of the search form in a sidebar, with the results in a content area (per our demo), this requires that your theme has sidebars, and that one can be activated on the results page. This might help:

https://wpdevdesign.com/how-to-add-a-sidebar-to-a-template-in-oxygen/

We can investigate custom CSS for form layout after this is resolved.

chinesenetworksucl-ac-uk
    chinesenetworksucl-ac-uk
    Trevor Moderator

The layout is being broken by these <pre></pre> tags around the content, that your theme is adding:

https://www.screencast.com/t/x5k4iW9CXu

You need to figure why it is doing that.

chinesenetworksucl-ac-uk

Thanks Trevor, removing the <pre></pre> sorted it.

I have 2 questions now.

1) When I search something on the search form it takes me to the results page but the results page doesn’t have the search form at the top and when I go back through back arrow it doesn’t display the search page. How can I fix that?

2) Is there a way for me to have the categories display horizontally in rows when the form is displayed horizontally? Right now the check list runs all the way down the middle of the page.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Pods and Search and Filter’ is closed to new replies.