Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Pagination

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Edda Puglisi

Hi,
    I have two more questions:
    1- I put the operator AND for the search both on “Search and filter” and “Relenvassi” but if I filter a province and also write the name of a city (which is not in the db) in the search and forward the search I find nothing. Why?
    2- If you don’t find any results, how can I make it appear?

Edda Puglisi

Hi Trevor,
    I have three more questions:
    1- I put the operator AND for the search both on “Search and filter” and “Relenvassi” but if I filter a province and also write the name of a city (which is not in the db) in the search and forward the search I find nothing. Why?
    2- If you don’t find any results, how can I make it appear? I think it depends on the modified results page…
    3- Every result found has the link to its detail that in the results.php page is linked in this way
    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>
    but how do I understand which template you use for the detail? Sorry maybe this is not a question for you but I try 🙂

Edda Puglisi

Regarding the third question with ilplugin pods I created some templates but I don’t know if you can link them to the result of the search made with “Search and filter”, can you tell me?

Trevor Moderator

IF you set ‘Field relationships’ to AND (‘AND’ reduces the number of results, ‘OR’ increase the number of results; Boolean logic) this means that if there are no results from the search field, you cannot get more results from choice in the other fields. The ‘Field relationships’ must be set to OR to get more results, which I suspect is what you want. But, then the ‘OR’ applies to all the fields. It is a little difficult to wrap your head around unless you did Boolean logic in Math lessons at school, and understood it (then or now).

I am not sure what you mean by:

but how do I understand which template you use for the detail?

Do you mean that you want to show the content of the post/result on the results page? Our results.php template shows the excerpt, is that what you mean, or does not content show?

Edda Puglisi

Yes sorry Trevor, I used OR but it doesn’t show any results even if in the search or filter there is a field inserted.

The second question, I meant that the words “I did not find any results” do not appear when there are no results in the search.

For the third question, I asked if the detail view like this https://www.staging2.biotechmed.it/?farmacia=farmacia-laura
    I was asking if you can choose the template that is used.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Edda Puglisi
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

For me, if I select a Province, I see one result after I click to Search. The result changes as I change the province?

Edda Puglisi

Hi Trevor, I found the solution, thank you very much for your help, you can close the request

Have a nice day

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pagination’ is closed to new replies.