Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Page Title for Search Results Page Showing ‘Blog’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dale Shelabarger

Hi

I notice that the search results pages show my blog’s META title and description. I’m using Yoast and the titles display properly for the native WordPress search. I also have ‘force is_search’ set to true but they still display.

Wondering if there’s an easy way to change this short of adding a custom php header in my theme files?

Thanks as ever
    Dale

Trevor Moderator

What display result method are you using in the form?

Dale Shelabarger

As an archive with search.php

Trevor Moderator

So, what is happening is your theme is detecting that your are using that template file and most themes are coded to treat it as the ‘blog’ page from a title and meta point of view. If you were using an archives template, that would probably change what happens. Of course, the output then might look different too. Just try it, using archive.php (I think that is the default file for most themes).

Dale Shelabarger

The output is largly the same but I’m getting the same meta title. Do your reckon I should just make a custom header.php and put a new title in there?

Trevor Moderator

That might work. This sort of thing is very theme dependent.

Dale Shelabarger

Great, it worked! I simply inserted <title>Search Results</title> into a customer header. Do you known if that’s the right way to do it?

Trevor Moderator

In the instance of other users who have had this issue, that was what they did also.

Dale Shelabarger

Ok thanks Trevor. Happy for you to close the thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Page Title for Search Results Page Showing ‘Blog’’ is closed to new replies.