Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro No filtering unsing dropdown, displays excluded categories

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • dw

Hi, we recently purchased the pro version, the plugin won’t work the way it should:

We use a shortcode like echo do_shortcode( ‘[searchandfilter id=”702″]’ );

1. Category filtering using the dropdown won’t work. The ajax call delivers a result but it’s not displayed on the page at all. When following your instructions on how to activate ajax and adding the show=”results” parameter the form would simply disappear.

2. We excluded some categories by entering a comma separated list in the given field. The excluded categories are displayed anyway.

Thanks in advance!
    Best, Hartwig

dw

PS: WordPress version is 3.9.2

dw

Update:

Forgot to add the submit button, which is now there. After submitting the form it always returns the post types latest post. No matter which category has been selected. Excluded categories are still displayed.

dw

Sorry for another follow up:

Displaying the results works now – without using the ajax option. Since we have a deadline i can’t invest more time in finding a solution. Would have been a nice feature though.

BUT:

Please fix the category exclusion – this and saving some time without having to write my own solution was the reason for purchasing the pro version!

Thanks,
    Hartwig

Josh Kennedy

It stinks that you had to abandon the Ajax because the moderator is not responding. I am having the same issues and I not happy at all. It looks like it is trying to work and the images lighten up but nothing happens. The same products are there. I am using Easy Digital downloads with Marketify theme and it is not working.

Please respond!

dw

Dear Ross!

Are there any news concerning the category exclusion? Otherwise we’d ask for a refund since the features announced on http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/ do not work.

Best,
    Hartwig

Ross Moderator

Hey all I’m back! Support is not provided at weekends as mentioned on the plugin page – I have been working on some fixes this weekend which should be pushed live today!

Thanks

Josh Kennedy

Please let us know what exactly is being fixed and when it will be “live”
    Thanks Ross

Ross Moderator

Hey Hartwig

In regards to:

1. Category filtering using the dropdown won’t work. The ajax call delivers a result but it’s not displayed on the page at all. When following your instructions on how to activate ajax and adding the show=”results” parameter the form would simply disappear.

This is because you need both your search form and your results… so you need to use

[searchandfilter id="702"]

AND

[searchandfilter id="702" show="results"]

One is for placing your search form, and the other is for results – this is covered in the docs :/ Let me know if that the case otherwise I will look further..

RE the exclude categories, I am looking at this now before I push the next update live, does the exclude category not work however your use the form? (ie with or without Ajax)?

Josh if your query is even slightly different please open a new ticket otherwise I hope the above helps you!

Ross Moderator

Hey both, include/exclude categories has been added in the latest update in a new settings panel – this also works for taxonomies and tags.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.