Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro New Category not populating items

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 45 total)
  • Anonymous

I created a new category in Woo Products, I placed the item in that new category, and I can see the category shows up in the search and Filter line up. It even states how many items are in that category. Though the item does not show in “All Categories”. I then click on the category and it shows (0) results. Though if I add it to a second category that was already active the product will be live in both of the categories.

Trevor

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Also guide me to see this action in effect. Make sure Auto Count (both options) is enabled.

Anonymous

Attached is a link to the main product line page. As you’ll see it states that all categories have at least (1) item within it. Though when you click on Resilient Floor Care when that page loads, it states that it has (0) items after you click on it.

http://triplethreat.design/shop/

Trevor
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor

See this screenshot:

https://www.screencast.com/t/oYnGSrkf

You have used product tags twice in the form. You need to separate out groups, branches or parent/child tags into separate custom taxonomies. In general, you can use a particular Taxonomy, such as Product Tags, (or Category/Tags, each Taxonomy and each Custom Field) only once in the form. This post tries to explain this a bit better (you can use a plugin to switch category terms from category to any new taxonomy that you make, so it is not so hard to do). It is a really awful preachy lecture I wrote:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/multiple-categories-combination/#post-55166

Sorry about the tone, but the message is right and it links to good plugins (except taxonomy switcher I think).

Taxonomy switcher is a ‘use once and remove’ type of plugin, and it uses ‘hidden’ features in WordPress that have not changed for about 2 years.

Let us say that you have Categories (as WordPress calls them) on some posts, and some of them are fruit types. For example, Apple. Now you decide to have a separate taxonomy called Fruit Type. You may have hundreds of posts with those fruit types already in Categories, and don’t want to retype them all again. Let us say the the Apple ‘term’ has an ID # of 234 (they all have ID numbers). You tell Taxonomy Switcher to move the term 234 from Categories to Fruit Types, and it does all the work for you. You can do a whole bunch of IDs at once, all you need is their ID numbers.

IF you went in to one of our forms in admin, to the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies settings tab, find the line for Categories (in this case) and use the search to ‘add’ all the ones you want to move, then you will see in the settings box all the ID numbers you need to be able to do this. So, cut them from that box and paste them in to Taxonomy Switcher.

Be wary if you have child terms though (those which have a parent), as the parent may have to be moved also.

Anonymous

I removed one of the tag taxonomy like you requested yet the issue still persists

Anonymous

Though I did use the multiple tags before I don’t know why it was causing the new issue when I added the new category. Do I just need to create a new search and filter if and when I add new categories or items.

Trevor

On the Tags field, have you used excludes in the Advanced settings?

Also, in the Categories, Tags & Taxonomies settings tab, be careful about two things:

#1 Multiple lines of Includes can cause posts (products) to not appear), and all conditions have to be met.
    #2 Do not use Includes to Include ‘all’ terms. Instead, leave the field empty.

Anonymous

OK I have added 1 more category and 2 more products, I have also removed all extra filters for tags and only left the filter for category.

The new Category Sealer will show 2 products in the product line, yet only shows 1 product (RFS), this product I have also linked to a category that was showing properly Finishes. but the other product for sealer and the product for Care do not show at all because they are linked in category to only those direct categories.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 45 total)