Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Moving to a new sever

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rupert Moscrop

I did have one last question Scott, you’ve used the ‘Duplicator’ plugin to move sites that included the Search & Filter Pro plugin? And if you did, where the forms you made in S&F Pro still working as before after the move? Thanks

Scott L

Yes.

It worked fine.

The site is here, check it out for yourself: http://www.waa-isa.org
    I haven’t touched any settings, and confirmed – after reading this post – that everything imported correctly on the Arborist For Hire page.
    Basically, duplicator duplicates every single file on the site and paced it in another place.
    In my case I used a demo URL and switched it over when I moved the site.
    Everything works perfectly fine.

Ross Moderator

Hi Rupert

So sorry I missed this – I’ve just sent you 2.0 – I’ve been juggling far too many threads as of late, hope to start closing some of these down now 🙂

Thanks

Rupert Moscrop

Hi Roos,
    Thanks for version 2, a great update and generally working very well for me.
    Unfortunately I’m still encountering the original issue of this topic, so when moving files to a new server all my forms are revert back to the default settings after moving to new server. And as I mentioned before if I try to correct the forms and save them, it’s not possible, it always reverts back to the default settings.
    I tried Scott’s recommended duplicator plugin, which is great, but doesn’t work on the server I need to export from, so I’m just exporting the database, and importing the sql into another server.
    Please let me know what you think this could be caused by.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    Rupert

Ross Moderator

Very strange as other users with a similar issue have mentioned it is now resolved…

Have you tried using the standard wordpress importer/exporter?

Search & Filter data is just saved as a custom post type (Search Filter Widget) so you should have no problems doing this, you’ll just need to watch out in case the IDs of your search forms change.

Thanks

Rupert Moscrop

Thanks Roos, I’ll try the standard importer/exporter, see if that works.

Rupert Moscrop

Ok, I did use wordpress importer/exporter, but it also didn’t work, same issue.
    After you mentioned that Search & Filter data is just saved as a custom post types, I deactivated the Custom Post Type UI plugin I was using, and re-imported the exported xml file via wordpress importer/exporter, this time it imported fine, all forms worked and kept their settings, and changes could be saved. I then reactivated Custom Post Type UI, who’s custom taxonomies I was using in the form anyway, all custom posts and taxonomies showed up again and everything worked fine.
    I think this was the issue, there appears to be some conflict between Custom Post Type UI and importing Search & Filter data, and I think if I’d deactivated CPT UI while importing the sql file in the db, then it would still have worked.
    Topic finally resolved!! 🙂 Hopefully helps someone else in the future.
    Thanks for your help Roos (and Scott).
    Cheers,
    Rupert

Ross Moderator

Ah great well thanks a lot for the detailed info & the update 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Moving to a new sever’ is closed to new replies.