Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Moved: Reply To: How to exclude pages?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Lynne Venart

I just installed the latest pro version and need to only do the search on one category. I see the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies tab and have added my category to the category include list, but it doesn’t stick. i.e. when I type in to only include category “price”, when I click Update, it doesn’t apply the change and when I go back to the Categories & Taxonomies tab, it is empty. What am I doing wrong?

Lynne Venart

I’ve also tried doing this in the Exclude area of the taxonomies in the search form UI area, and again, it doesn’t stick; it doesn’t exclude the categories I list. I’m using WordPress 4.0 in Chrome.

Ross Moderator

Hey Lynne that is strange, have you tried in just the category field placing a number 1 on its own and see if that works? The fact that it doesn’t save is a sign of a problem – there is no reason it shouldn’t save these settings.

Thanks

Lynne Venart

Ah ok. I was entering the slugs of the categories, not the ID number from the URL. Now it seems to be filtering by the categories. However, now it shows the results when you first go to the page, before you even hit the Submit button, and the dropdown is empty.
    http://rgeassociatesinc.com/harmony/feature/homes-testing/
    [Screen size is super large for a TV display monitor as end use]

Ross Moderator

Hi Lynne

This is default behaviour – the results shown are “unfiltered”, and once a user makes some selections they are refined more.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Lynne Venart

Yes, that makes sense.

However, the dropdown lists “View All” and “Uncategorized”. The filtering by category is not working; no categories are listed in the menu.

How do I go about getting a refund?

Ross Moderator

Hi Lynne you can only get a refund if the product is broken.

I don’t understand what the problem is? You mention that you enter the ID of a category to “include”, so therefor the dropdown list will only include the category you mention.

How many categories are you “including”? Can you provide a link to look at?

Thanks

Lynne Venart
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    Lynne Venart
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Moved: Reply To: How to exclude pages?’ is closed to new replies.