Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Manually setting and reading filters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Robert

Hi, I’ve been trying to do this myself but I wondered if there were any examples/suggestions you could provide.

I’m trying 2 things:

1) Use a fixed button/link to select a category. So for example if I have Categories A, B, C & D, I want to be able to add a button that will select Category A. Ideally this would update the url (?_sft_category=) and refresh the results in Ajax.

2) Sort of reverse. Can you give me any examples etc to add code to the page to check what selections have been made. I am trying to add conditional text on the page depending on what category/taxonomy has been selected.

I was looking in the forum and also at the reset link code but without luck so far. I realise that these are outside of normal use, was just wondering/hoping that you might have some example code etc.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers Bob

Robert
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hi Bob

Your ticket was on a list of the remaining few 😉

So to answer your questions:

1) You would need to change the values on the form itself, so you would do something along the lines of:

• Create your button
    • When clicked call some JS function
    • This JS function should then update the search form, so you would do something like:
    $(".searchandfilter .sf-field-category select").val("category-name"); //sets a specific category in the dropdown
    $(".searchandfilter").submit(); //submit the form - S&F should handle this after and load via ajax etc if its enabled

2) I recently answered a similar question which I think should help – https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/php-code-to-display-search-terms-on-search-results-page/#post-18377

Thanks!

Robert

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the reply – know it can’t be easy.

I’ll take a look at your suggestions and see how I get on. Just wanted to say I appreciate your response.

Cheers

Bob

Ross Moderator

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.