Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Issue updating advance custom fields

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anonymous

Hello,
    I’m having some issues with the fields of the research. When I edit some records of the research (for exemple the voice “Author” I changed “W. Shakespeare” to “William Shakespeare”) sometimes they disappear (and that’s what it supposed to do) other times they are still in the list but when I try to search for them they show up no results (in fact I have edited those fields). How can I “delete” those voices that I have edited?
    Thank you in advance

Trevor

You may need to rebuild the cache, or you may need to switch ON Auto Count.

Anonymous

I noticed that the first entries are the ones that cause this issue. I thought it was something wrong with the cache.
    Unfortunately I’m not an expert. How can I rebuild the cache? Is it there a plugin that can help me?

Trevor

If you edit a form in the admin, the button is in the top of the right side meta boxes.

Anonymous

Another thing that I noticed. If I search the first entries, the toolbar shows “?sfid=10933&_sfm_Autore= William%2C Shakespeare%20”. There is a space between the “=” and the name. Otherwise with the other entries it shows correctly without the space.

When you talk about form you mean the custom fields or the single post? I’m sorry but I did not understand the process.

Trevor

Ah, that may mean you have saved to terms with that space in place. You need to edit the posts and look.

Anonymous

Ah, that may mean you have saved to terms with that space in place. You need to edit the posts and look.

That was one issue that I have solved. But now I noticed that some entries are there even if I removed them. One exemple being “Peter Paul Rubens” that keeps on showing even if all my entries are “Pieter Paul RUbens” with the “i”.

Anonymous

Is there a way to search for those entries?

Trevor

Yes. You would need to edit the database and do a general search for the string including the preceding space, and when the search comes back, look in the WordPress postmeta table.

I would normally use the ARI Adminer plugin to do this, but I see that it is currently suspended from new installations, probably while they fix something critical. Your hosting company will likely have given you a tool to do the same, like phpMyAdmin.

The advantage of this method is that you can edit those that you find in that same tool, but you would need to re-build the cache afterwards in Search and Filter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)