Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Issue on custom HTML message for “No results found” in Elementor Pro

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ross.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Anonymous

Hi Trevor, unfortunately, inexplicably (perhaps some internal changes in Elementor upgrades?), the message of no results found, which I had customized in html, no longer works for a few weeks … in practice when no results are found the source message appears as it is, as if within the “query” field, it was no longer possible to interpret a message in html format, which was extremely convenient and worked well up to a month ago…

https://cianiimmobiliare.it/archivio-immobili/

If I insert, as first parameter on the right. a random string on the field “Cerca Immobile per Parola Chiave” (try writing “dfgdfgdgdgd”) instead of appearing a link and a personalized message, the source text appears in html …

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Here are some screenshots of my settings and results:

https://apcomunicazione.s3.amazonaws.com/Varie/searchandfilters-01.jpeg
    https://apcomunicazione.s3.amazonaws.com/Varie/searchandfilters-02.jpeg

Trevor

I have referred this to Ross, the plugin developer, for his input.

Ross Moderator

Hi Alessio

This was actually an intentional change, sorry its caused you some issues.

The basics of it are:

1) We were not escaping the field properly which could be a security issue (if someone had access to your site already),
    2) as per other Elementor fields (they have a “no results message” for post archive modules) – we wanted to follow their lead and copied the implementation, which doesn’t allow html
    3) We know Elementor will be implementing this at some point, so our solution is only supposed to be temporary…
    4) When making this decision, we didn’t want to offer more in our plugin than Elementor would end up offering, and then have all our users have to “downgrade” (like you are doing now) when Elementor implements it – we want to add consistency for all our users, sooner rather than later so it doesn’t affect as many users…

That being said, I can tell you which line of code was changed in our plugin? However it’s not recommended to update a plugin directly.

Best

Anonymous

Hi Ross, thanks for the quick reply.
    While understanding the reasons (related to the safety) of this change, my client had become accustomed to this important option… Basically the result I would like to get (tell me if there is another way) is that if the houses for sale on the site do not correspond to the characteristics that the potential customer wants, a link must appear that refers to an external site that makes available the houses of other real estate agents who collaborate with my client. Obviously it must be a last choice and this link must not appear before I have given my client the opportunity to sell the houses he manages at 100%.

If you found an alternative and safe solution I would be happy, otherwise, in spite of myself, I will be forced to modify the lines of the plugin code (perhaps creating, I don’t know if it is possible as it is for the themes, a “child” pluigin).

Thank you

Ross Moderator

Hmmmm, its a tricky one, because Elementor will surely release this as a feature, which means we will need to retire ours, and you will find yourself in this position all over again in the future…

I can probably add a filter to our plugin to allow you to modify this… (which again will become redundant when Elementor implement it) let me have a little think about the best approach and I’ll come back to you towards the end of the day or tomorrow.

Best

Anonymous

OK, I’ll wait.
    Thanks for trying to help me:-)

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous

Hi Ross, thanks a lot for your answer. Just returned home from holiday, I’ll try immediately to apply your solution and I’ll give you a feedback.

Thanks!
    Alex

Anonymous
    Anonymous
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)