Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Pankaj Jain

Dear S&F,

My Web Site is a Law Website and the Words are very important for the users. Please offer me solution for the below:-

1) Please provide me a solution for allowing user to Search in 1) Post Title only 2) Post Content only.

Please provide me a Solution. Some Customization. Some Add on. It is severely reducing my Sales… Please.

Trevor Moderator

You are looking for a search box where the user can type words. You are allowed to have only one of these per form, and only one form per page, so it is not possible to have one search for title and one search for content both in the same form. You CAN have one OR the other.

The Search & Filter Pro Text Search field uses the standard WordPress search, so looks only in the Post Title AND Content. To help you control this better, on the form’s Advanced settings tab you will see 2 settings for Relevanssi.

The documentation for this is here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

You would need to install and activate the free Relevanssi plugin as well.

Then set Relevanssi up and build its index (make sure it is indexing the desired post types AND the categories/tags/taxonomies/custom fields that you want to search). You can also select to search ONLY the titles, OR the content, and no taxonomies or custom fields.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.