Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Including ids in Tags, Categories & Taxonomies tab is altering Search Form UI

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bluecadet

I have a search form with a drop-down that should display terms for my taxonomy “countries”. In the advanced settings of this drop down, I have “Sync with settings” unchecked. In the “Tags, Categories & Taxonomies” tab I have entered an id to be included for the “countries” taxonomy. I have also entered an id to be included for a separate taxonomy. In the “General” tab, I have field relationships set to “OR.”

Currently, if a post is tagged with either of the included ids it appears in the results. This is what I expected. However, the drop-down does not display all terms in the “countries” taxonomy as filter options. It only displays the term with the id I entered for the “countries” taxonomy in the “Tags, Categories & Taxonomies” tab.

Am I misunderstanding these settings? I did not expect the “Tags, Categories & Taxonomies” settings to affect the available options in my Search Form UI drop down.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Trevor Moderator

My apologies for the delay in replying. In the UK we have had a long 4 day national holiday weekend this last weekend.

When you make either in Include or Exclude selection of ID(s) in the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies settings tab. It filters and removes posts. The form will only show values in the fields that belong to this limited list of posts. Thus, some values will indeed be missing as a result of Include and Excludes that you have made. This is the intentional behaviour of the form.

However, when you de-selected ‘Sync with settings’, did you enter the ID(s) of the terms that you wanted to show (click the search button to find them)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.