Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Include post id in Search

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Don Anderson

Hello,

Very grateful and impressed so far with Search and Filter Pro.

One thing I do need is that if someone puts the post id in a Search input box that this will find the particular post.

I have a search form working, but it is not picking up posts by ID. I’ve search and tried reading the documentation but have not found an answer. There could be an answer, but the search is generic and throws up lots of unrelated results.

How can I enable this.

Thank you,
    Don

Trevor Moderator

The issue is that our plugin does not perform the text field search. That is handled by WordPress, which itself only searches Post Title, Content and Excerpt. That WordPress search behavior can be modified using plugins, such as Relevanssi, which is a free plugin, see here for details:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/relevanssi/

In the Relevanssi plugin settings page, you should find options to add the categories/tags/taxonomies/custom fields/custom post types to the search, and you must also then build the index in Relevanssi after you save those settings.

They may have a setting to allow ‘short’ searches (normally a WordPress search only works for 3 characters or more) and to search the Post ID.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.