Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How to I move specific Posts to the Top

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Robert Stewart

I am using search and filter PRO, and I’m using it to sort attorneys on pmtlawfirm.com. Right now, they list the attorneys alphabetically. I need a way to move the 3 partners of the firm to the top of the list when it’s displaying all of the attorneys.

I assume there is a way to do this, but I can’t manage to figure it out. I tried changing the “Secondary Sort Order” to some different options, but it seemed to have no effect on the displayed list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Trevor Moderator

You need to create a custom field to add a setting to the post editor to make the posts featured, but it may be necessary to edit every attorney to make sure they have a value in this field, and then you can sort by meta key. Attorneys that have no value in a sorted field might end up excluded completely from the search.

If you use ACF, make sure the field has a default setting, that way you can open an Attorney to edit and hit save.

Robert Stewart

Where do I add the custom field? Do I need to edit the Template files, or is it a setting in WordPress? Also, will this keep the posts in alphabetical order? I need them to be in alphabetical order showing the 3 partners first (in ascending order), then the rest of the attorney’s in alphabetical order… Does that make sense?

Robert Stewart

Would I add it through CPT? Like make a Featured, and non-Featured?

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to I move specific Posts to the Top’ is closed to new replies.