Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How to create Search Form for Taxonomies Archive

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anonymous

I have a custom Post Type example “property_listings”

And a Taxonomies “status” with 2 options “for-rent” and “for-sale”

I need a separate Search Form for each Taxonomies in the Archive page because one of the
    “for-rent” field rental price is ranging from $0 – $100,000 and
    “for-sale” field sale price is ranging from $0 – $100,000,000.

I can’t combine them as one “price” slider because it won’t be usable. Also, there will be properties that are both for rent and for sale.

According to my understanding, searchandfilter can’t hide fields based on user’s selection, hence I need to create 2 Search Forms and use “for-rent” and “for-sale” buttons to direct the users.

However, I just realized we can only have 1 Search Form for each Post Type Archive. (I know it from the error display)

So next solution I can think of is to create Search Form for Taxonomies Archive. Example:
    /status/for-rent
    /status/for-sale

My question is how do I create Search Form for Taxonomies Archive? I only see Search in Post Types options.

Or is there a better way of solving this issue?

Trevor

You are correct in what you write. What theme are you using and are you using a page builder plugin? It may be simpler to make make real pages and have the results on them, instead of using archive pages.

Anonymous

I’m using Elementor Pro with Hello Theme.

For the Archive page, I’m using S&F form widget and archive posts widget (with loop template) to display the results.

So I would do the same in the real page?

Trevor

Using a real page, use the Elementor Pro Posts widget (not the archive widget), and on each page, in the form design (two forms, one for each page) in the Tags, Categories and Taxonomies settings, set the Status taxonomy to ‘Include’ either ‘for-rent’ or ‘for-sale’.

Anonymous

Thank you. That works, you may close this ticket.

Trevor

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)