Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro How can I enable auto submission on only one field?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wallace Mureithi

I intend to separate search and sort. Search fields on the left then sort on the far top right position. I have already managed to achieve this visually but now the problem is that having someone go back to click on the submit button after choosing the sort criteria is very bad user experience. How can I enable auto-submit on the sort field only?

I tried having two forms one for search and one for only sorting, but the sort auto submission keeps resetting the search results.

Trevor Moderator

This is not possible with the plugin as it is now. I could be suggested as a feature request though.

However, you could switch off auto submit and instead add some custom javascript to trigger the form’s submit with the onchange event for the sort order.

Wallace Mureithi

Thanks Trevor, custom javascript worked. You guys may want to consider offering a way to separate the two (Search and Sort) in future. It will offer more flexibility in terms of design. A typical search page has search fields positioned to the left and sort on the top right.

Thanks again

Wallace Mureithi

Posting the code here, it may help someone.

jQuery(function () {
      jQuery(".YOURSORTSELECT").on("change keyup", function () {
        jQuery("#YOURFORMID").submit();
      });
    });
    Trevor Moderator

Great. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How can I enable auto submission on only one field?’ is closed to new replies.