Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Hide empty taxonomies, Customize no results page and Sort by GD Ratings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John Edwards

Hello i have 3 questions:

1) I’m working with custom taxonomy and custom post types archives. I selected to hide empty terms but they still show up on the dropdown. This happens because there are posts with this terms but they are from another types. When i chose the known empty term i get a “No results” page which is right but How can i make those empty terms don’t show up at all in the dropdown?.
    On “Search in the following post types:” i have selected only 1 type.

2) Related to 1. How can i modify the template of the no results page? It’s not 404.php (I’m using a child of twenty fourteen).

3) I use GD Rating System plugin. Is there ANY way for me to sort by rating? I don’t think it uses a meta bu it’s own tables. If not is there any rating plugin that works with search & filter pro? Maybe i can migrate.

4) Thanks!

John Edwards

Answers to:

2) It’s content-none.php file not 404.php
    3) Probably wp-postratings?

Trevor Moderator

It would be useful it see the page. Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look? Make sure you have both Auto Count settings ON.

I think the no results template comes from within the search.php template, so check in there.

I cannot recommend a plugin, but whatever you use, it should store the scores etc. in the postmeta table in order that our filtering system will see the data.

John Edwards

I had auto-count disabled. That solved it. Thanks!

For posterity “GD Rating System” has an addon called: Sync Meta
    “Automatically synchronize rating data into the WordPress postmeta table. You can select rating methods and even use rules”

The author told me that’s what would do what’s needed.

I guess the topic is resolved thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hide empty taxonomies, Customize no results page and Sort by GD Ratings.’ is closed to new replies.