Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Hide categories with no posts in the result query

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lluc Pallejà

Hi,

I have a category page with subcategories as sections and within those subcategories posts with a custom field (ACF field) either with value as “Video” or “Print”. The I created a simple select box to filter the posts AND THE SUBCATEGORIES (I stretch this because this is what is not working).

All works.. meaning I can filter by either Video or print and the posts are filtered.. BUT in case a subcategory for example has no posts with video and I filter as video those subcategories still show up.. basically it seems the result query doesn’t take into account the subcategories..

I’ll give you access to the website so you can check it out.

Thanks!

Lluc Pallejà
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

The form is #469, but I see only one field in that, filtering media_contributions_type

I do not see Category on this form?

Lluc Pallejà

OK, I just added the category filter and although the filter it’s really working, how do I “connect” the subcategory logos with the filter result?..

For example if you select Video and New York Times the result is correct, there are no posts for Video in New York times.. but How can also hide the logos since there are no posts in the results?

Do you know what I mean?

Thanks.

Trevor Moderator
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hide categories with no posts in the result query’ is closed to new replies.