Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filters on Elementor Archive (Search) Template Do Not Work Correctly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Michael Paras

Hi,

I have setup an Elementor Archive template for my search results page and added a Search & Filter widget to the sidebar of this page.

I have two issues –

1. When I first arrive at the search results page the Search & Pro filter is not aware of the current search term i.e. the indexes show as if no search term was provided as opposed to a reduced values that reflect the narrowing of results based on the keyword.

2. If I press a filter, the results returned again do not reflect any awareness of the active search term.

I am using Search & Filter Pro + Elementor Addon, the latest version of WordPress and I’m trying to filter an “Archive Post Type” Elementor widget.

Trevor Moderator

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

Are you wanting the form to ‘receive’ a WordPress text search term, such as is found in a header? If so, you would need to rewrite the search.

There is an example here (the site shown uses a slug name for the search results page, which you would need to change to the slug of your results page):

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/using-default-wp-search-bar-to-show-sf-results-page/#post-243811

Michael Paras

Hi Trevor,

Sure here is the site page.

Even if the Search & Filter form can’t receive a search term I’d like to at least be able to add a search box to the /blog page that searches within ACF fields. Right now it only seems to search within the Post Title and Post body.

Michael Paras

I’m essentially looking to have 1 Post Meta field that searches multiple ACF fields. I can’t have 8 search boxes.

Michael Paras

I implemented Relevanssi so that I can search multiple ACF fields with just a single S&F search input. Your integration with Relevanssi is a massive plus, I would advertise it more 🙂

I now just need a way to pass a search term to the /blog page.

Trevor Moderator

I am not sure what you mean? Did the code I gave you not work? Or was that not what you meant?

Michael Paras

Sorry Trevor, I just saw the other post. Let me try that.

Trevor Moderator

OK. I will wait for you to get back to me.

Michael Paras

The re-write code you provided worked perfectly Trevor. Thank you

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Filters on Elementor Archive (Search) Template Do Not Work Correctly’ is closed to new replies.