Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filters on a page

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

Post crossed in the ether!!! I had actually just been typing the reply when you posted.

Edgard

Changes my sidebar too 🙁

Trevor Moderator

mmm. Try this as the results container then:

.articles .theiaStickySidebar

Edgard

You’re a genius! Works!

A question, thought. This ia a page and I have some stuff written on it, and then I show the posts from the blog. This page is being overwritten by search-filter.php. All of it. Is this the only way to work with it?

Thanks

Edgard

What I mean is that I wanted to customize a page and have a list of posts with filters on it. If I page wont work like this, I’d probably use categories page for it, maybe. Any suggestions?

Trevor Moderator

That rather depends on your theme. what is happening, I suspect, is that the normal page is using theme template ‘A’, but when the search is done, it switches to search.php template. Instead, you need to figure what the real (in the theme) name of template ‘A’ is, and specify that in the S&F form settings.

However, you will then need to edit that template to add the results filter. It might be very easy, it might not. See this post for example, where this was done:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/help-with-search-form-creation/page/2/#post-65516

The key was the code:

$args['search_filter_id'] = 16439;

Edgard

This is resolved. Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Filters on a page’ is closed to new replies.