Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filtering Portfolio Page

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jameson Cardenas

Hi! I recently bought this plugin to try to make work on my nonprofit’s website (gallery.txsystemofcare.org), as the free version got very close to doing what I wanted to do minus the Advanced Custom Fields compatibility. But I’m thinking the free version may have worked so well for me because of how it searches built-in categories and tags.

As I try to get the paid version to filter the Homepage portfolio, I think I may be in over my head since my theme (Kalium) doesn’t appear to use The Loop. As I keep on trying to get things to work as a novice, I wanted to check in an a last ditch effort to see if you might have any tips on how to get this plugin to work with Kalium, similar to your tips on Avada. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

Jameson

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jameson Cardenas
    Jameson Cardenas
    Trevor Moderator
    Jameson Cardenas

Thanks so much for taking a look Trevor. I just updated to the latest version of WPBakery, and would be comfortable using this plugin to feature the posts, as I can easily duplicate the home page layout with it. Where can I find the add-on?

Thanks!

JC

Trevor Moderator

For WPBakery Page Builder v5.5.0 and later, this is the addon (there is a different addon for earlier versions):

https://searchandfilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/search-filter-pro-wpb-pb-0.1.0.zip

This will add a Page Builder display results method to the Search & Filter form design. So make a form and make sure it is saved with a unique name. In Page Builder, you will see a new element (blue) to add the search form to the page. Select the form in the settings for that.

Then add a Page Builder Post Grid element to the page. Here is a screenshot with the standard grids shown:

In the Page Builder post grid element the Data Source needs to be set to Search & Filter, and then for you to select the form.

You may need to design your own post layout, using the Page Builder grid builder.

Jameson Cardenas
    Jameson Cardenas
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.