Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filtering by parent and child taxonomy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anonymous

I purchased the plugin and created 2 select boxes how can i do
    Filtering by parent and child taxonomy

Trevor

Are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look?

If you are seeking to have two form fields based on different parent/child term groups from a single taxonomy source, this will not work in one of our forms. You may need two separate custom taxonomies. This post explain more:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/elementor-filter-not-working-showing-all-results/#post-221562

Anonymous

look like very complex maybe do it through acf Custom Field and associate by groups.
    https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/group/
    Will the plugin be supported in this case? For example a group of “cars” in the “volvo” subfield and then there will be a search Select type (cars) Description Select the type In the second box the car models will appear in the Select box

Anonymous

Or another option Does your plugin support category search
    (Sub-category box linked to the result of the selected category)?

Trevor

Let us assume that you might have cars in Categories.

In there you might have Makes as parents, and inside each you have Models as children.

So, you have multiple Parent/Child (Make/Model) trees.

What you should have is a taxonomy for Makes, and a separate one for Models.

When you select a Make in a post, and then a Model, the two become ‘linked’.

So, if you have Auto Count ON, and Hide Empty ON in each field, as you select a Make, the Models filter automatically. The inverse is also true. If you select a model first, the Makes will filter.

Anonymous

Thanks, it works perfectly!

Trevor

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)