Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro filter search for custom field

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • JENNIFER LIN

Hi,

Earlier you mentioned that the plugin does not allow two forms to work together. So if we have a ‘search’ box that is hard coding, then the plugin doesn’t filter the search result from that search box. Our developer solve this problem. However, if the keyword is not ‘title’ or ‘body’, but is a field we created from ‘formidable pro’ (for example, a ‘city’ field), then the plugin still can’t filter the search results based on that keyword. Is there a way to solve this?

To clarify, we have a ‘job’. Say the job title is ‘operation manager’. city is ‘San Francisco’. If I type ‘manager’, then further filter by ‘full time’, your plugin can work. But if I type ‘san francisco’, then further filter by ‘full time’, then your plugin doesn’t work. How can we solve this problem?

Ross Moderator

Hi Jennifer

Closing the other thread as this is a duplicate…

You can combine Search & Filter with Relevanssi which allows you to change what kind of fields S&F searches in – I think this is what you are looking for 🙂

Thanks

JENNIFER LIN

hi,

Does ‘Relevanssi’ just include custom fields to the ‘search’ box? or it can modify your ‘filter’ like taxonomy? I look at Relevanssi. It looks like it includes custom fields to the search box only. What I want is to allow your filter to filter search results thats from a custom field search.

For example, in a hotel booking website homepage, a user types a city name ‘los angeles’. Web display search results. Then you can further filter five-star or four-star.

This can not be achived from search filter plugin because ‘city’ is a custom field.

This search process can be ok if a user type one of word that is ‘title’. Because ‘title’ is WP built-in, but ‘city’ custom field is from Formidable Pro form.

Note that the search process is search first, then filter later. it’s not a combination of ‘search’ plus ‘filter’.

Since this search process is quite common among all hotel booking sites. I am sure there is a solution to this.

JENNIFER LIN

hi Earlier you said ‘combining search filter pro with Relevanssi plugin’, do you mean modify Search & Filter Pro plugin code by adding custom fields to search form?

Ross Moderator

Ah no, if you install Relevanssi , then under “advanced” tab in S&F you can enable Relevanssi integration.

Then, by adding a regular search field to S&F, it will use Relevanssi to perform the text search.

Then in Relevanssi, you can choose exactly which fields you want to search – such as custom fields.

This obviously can then be combined with any filters you add to the search form 🙂

Thanks

JENNIFER LIN

what you mean is that we need to modify the ‘search’ form within your plugin, so it means modify your plugin, right?

Ross Moderator

Hi Jennifer

If you have Relevanssi, it will be used on the search terms in S&F – see here on the setup:

http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/relevanssi/

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.