Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter Query Args

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Ross Moderator

Hey Christopher

I think the issue here is, get_queried_object I believe will retrieve the last queried object.

So depends where you are calling get_queried_object, maybe you should call it somewhere much earlier in the code, save the variable, then use this variable in S&F.

Anyway, on to the next issue.

For me it looks like it still works with pagination?

What happens when you stop using get_queried_object and manually set it – like: hotels-motels as per your earlier example, does the filtering work across pagination & when using hte filters?

I’m guessing it will.

In this case, then we are back at the issue of how get_queried_object is working.

Thanks

Christopher Bessler

Hi Ross,
    it appears that you are correct about get_queried_object being the issue.

Yes pagination still works.

When I enter hotels-motels as a static value everything appears to work properly.

How do you go about saving get_queried_object from a template and using it in the filter function for S&F? Is there a way of filtering the query_args from within the template (or would that even help?)?

Christopher Bessler

Hi Ross,
    curious if you got a chance to look into that last question.

Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hey Christopher

Getting the right info at the right time with get_queried_object is really not a S&F issue, but more a general WP issue.

That being said, I do want to test this theory out so will be setting up a demo locally in the next few days and let you know the result.

My idea is to capture the get_queried_object value say on the WP init hook, and store it in a global variable – where exactly to do this is the purpose of my testing – I don’t know the correct time to detect the current archive.

Then later on in the execution, lets say before a S&F query (any kind) we can call up this variable rather than using the function get_queried_object to modify S&F behaviour

Thanks

Christopher Bessler

Ross,
    I am very interested in your findings. Please keep me in the loop on this as this could make S&F far more useful.

Christopher Bessler

Hi Ross,
    have you made any progress with a local demo?

Christopher Bessler

Kind of interesting discover on this today. Using http://selkirkloop.org/wordpress/member-category/lodging/hotels-motels/ as an example. once I’ve made a selection from my dropdown (we’ll use British Columbia) and submit, the search clears the results and displays all members (nothing new), but when I select “next” in the pagination, it remembers my search criteria and reapplies hotels and motels to it.

I also tried using single_cat_title("", false); as an alternative to get_queried_object , but that made no difference.

Ross Moderator

Hey there

Ok so I stumbled across what it may be.

Can you disable Ajax and test again?

Also, can you just confirm your display method is current “shortcode”?

Thanks

Christopher Bessler

Hi Ross,
    my display method is “shortcode” . My results shortcode is added in the template like this <?php echo do_shortcode( '[searchandfilter id="3906" show="results"]' ); ?>

I have turned off displaying results with Ajax and I now receive no my standard search.php page with no results found.

With Ajax on and “Update the Search Form on user interaction” turned off, the search works with the category criteria as long as a term is entered in the search field. If a category is selected without a term in the search field, it shows everything in that category without filtering via the “Hotels & Motels” .

Let me know if I need to clarify any of this.

Thanks.

Ross Moderator

Hi again Christopher

I see, please take a look at your Results URL setting in the display results tab – it should be:

http://selkirkloop.org/wordpress/member-category/lodging/hotels-motels/

Which is why you get a 404:

http://selkirkloop.org/wordpress/member-category/lodging/hotels-motels/_sft_member-region=washington

There is no ? in the URL (which will be fixed with a valid results URL – and will become:

http://selkirkloop.org/wordpress/member-category/lodging/hotels-motels/?_sft_member-region=washington

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.