Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter on EDD Search Results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 61 total)
  • Adam Wolff

I now have Search & Filter Pro πŸ™‚

What code do I need to put into the search.php so that the search results show categories with a number next to it in brackets showing how may items are in that category – therefore allowing the user to refine their search by category?

Thanks
    Adam

Trevor Moderator

Hi Adam

Please take a look at this:

http://sandfdev.cdnwebservices.net/shop/

That is using WP 2015 Theme, no special coding. I can tell you how or show you (on Skype)?

Adam Wolff

Hi Trevor,

More like the example on the Woocommerce site – I would like the categories listed, and in brackets the amount of items that sit in that catergory – allowing the user to select the category and further refine the search.

This appears on the search results. That way the user is controlled to run a general search first, then they further filter their results.

Adam

Adam Wolff

..ok so I worked out how to show the categories on the search results page – but when I select one of the categories to further filter the results – how do I get it so that the results are shown the same way as the original search results?

Adam

Adam Wolff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

What Display result method did you use? Did you follow the instructions for using with EDD?

http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/3rd-party/easy-digital-downloads/

On the page that I made, it has this, to give you an idea of what to put there!!

<div class="edd-search-form">[searchandfilter id="42"]</div>

[searchandfilter id="42" action="prep_query"]

[downloads columns="2"]
    Trevor Moderator

That’s why I suggested using skype, together we could quickly check the settings using share screens.

Adam Wolff
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I haven’t used the search form from S&F initially but the WordPress one with Relevansi – will that make a difference?

I suspect that you will need to make one in S&F.

Adam Wolff

Ok – I have a search bar in the top right of the page – and another search bar that is used from a template – and a search bar this is shown on the results page. If these will all need to be replaced by an s&F search I need help doing so.

Before I purchased the plugin I asked the following;

Pre-Sales Question;

Hi – I am using Cr3ativ’s Squarecode theme with EDD plugin. I would like to provide the option to filter the search results page once the initial search has run.

So can I simply add code to the search.php that will enable the user to filter the results further by category for example with a live count in brackets next to it?

And what code would I add?

Thanks
    Adam

March 29th, 2016 Reply

Ross

Sure you can do this – you would need to add a shortcode to display your search form (created in admin – drag n drop) – and then depending on your setup, we might need to add 1 line of code before the have_posts in your search template – we can assist over on support – https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/forum/search-filter-pro/support/ πŸ™‚

So I’m hoping it is pretty straight forward!

Adam

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Filter on EDD Search Results’ is closed to new replies.