Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter not working on custom post types via Pods

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Ajeenckya Gadewar

Hello,
    I am using search and filter pro to filter posts based on custom taxonomies created in Pods. The custom post type is Publication and custom taxonomies are book_type, year and theme. It does not filter the Pods List (the table), but it works on the post content, which is placed below the pods list (ref. the URL I’ve posted below).

URL:
    http://kvorg.satvix.com/downloads-publications-search-and-filter/

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ajeenckya Gadewar
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

I can see no way to apply the filter to that table, sorry.

Ajeenckya Gadewar

Okay, so is there any other way to do it? I mean I just need a structure like that, not necessarily use the template that I have created. So if you could suggest some other way to get a tabular structure where the filter can be applied that would be great.

Trevor Moderator

I think, before leaving that PODS table behind, you should contact PODS and ask if the template is saved as a PHP template file, and can it be edited to have have an additional argument added to the WP_Query arguments? Our plugin has such an argument.

Ajeenckya Gadewar

I went through the directory and there doesn’t seem to be any such page.
    I have raised a question on the PODS forum though, I will keep you updated.
    Meanwhile if you could propose any other solution for this?

Trevor Moderator

At this time, I cannot. You are using the Kallyas Theme. Is the table made by that theme’s page builder, or by PODS?

We do not officially advertise support for PODS, as it does not follow the WordPress Codex for storing some of its data in the normal way in the WordPress database, and it doesn’t follow the normal theme template methods.

This is why the simplest solution would be to discover if the table template uses WP Query, and if it does, how to add another argument to that query. I did try adding some code above the table to do this, but it did not work.

You clearly require tabular data, and that requires the writing of a purpose made template, which is something we do not cover under our normal support. One issue with using a table is that there are not responsive and display poorly on mobile devices. This is the main reason tables are not often supported by themes or page builder plugins.

Instead, data cards are more likely to be used; one card per row of your table.

Ajeenckya Gadewar

The table is created via Pods template, it is not a post/page created via the theme.

I agree that tables do create a problem while rendering on mobile devices, but currently we are not going for complete responsiveness.

I have asked about the wp_query parameter on Pods support, will let you know if anything progresses.

Thanks!

Ajeenckya Gadewar

Pods support: “Our Pods Templates are not saved as a PHP template file or WP Query as they aren’t PHP”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.