Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anonymous
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous

Ross,

Awesome this works!!

A few points – then a further question.

1) Unless I am mistaken, there is no-where in your documentation where you specify exactly the position for the code to be placed. Perhaps have clearer – image – documentation and that will offset these types of questions.
    2) Where can I determine the Ajax container class? There maybe other dynamic widgets that people use, PODS, Jetengine ect … if you can show where this can be determined ( I assume in Inspect ) – this will help.

Question:

1) Since I am using ACF – and this may be an ACF limitation – is there a way that I can create a relationship between the “Breed” results set binding to the type of pets? Boxer should not show when Cats are chosen.

Anonymous

FYI.

When applying the filter the results URL drove me back to the filter page which was causing issues with styling – fixed by changing results URL to the CPT URL.

Ross Moderator

Hi Steve

To get back to you RE your notes:

1) We do mention this, however, I can see how it could be missed. The Elementor integration is getting more complicated as time goes on, I think the next logical step will be to create a bridge plugin, so this won’t be required 🙂

2) If you take a look at the second screenshot here, this outlines the purpose of the container. Essentially you have to choose a selector that contains your results, and the assocated meta data, like pagination. On your site I used chrome inspector to find a suitable container.

1) (3?) If you have two seperate fields, and you want them to be dynamic, enable auto count in your search form, and then in each field, make sure hide empty is checked 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Anonymous

Ross,

This works a treat.

Interestingly, a support question for ACF – “Can I filter taxonomy for a single Custom Field for a CPT – the answer was “No” “.

Your plugin does exactly that!

Documentation: Based on what I’ve read / answers received – makes perfect sense. For me though, visually seeing where s/code results & s/code filter should be positioned gives me far better understanding.

Thanks to both of you for your patient support – this can be now closed.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)