Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter inside of an archive page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Guilherme Euler

Hello friend, is possible to filter a normal wordpress archive page… I will explain…

I have some tags on my site and the tags are part of menu… So, the visitor click on “Brazil” on menu and the wordpress will display the results for tag “Brazil”. Now, I want to filter this page per category… example: User clicked on “Brazil” and, now, he want to see only the results of category “beerhouse”.

I put a form to filter by category, but when clicked, the plugin is filtering all other tags, showing results fom Brazil, USA, Mexico and others.

Can you understood my explanation? 🙂

Thank you very much for now.

Trevor Moderator

I do. Are you searching just ONE post type, for if you had a Custom Post Type called ‘beerhouses` (or you could make one), you settings might look like this:

https://www.screencast.com/t/lkDn6yy8k3

and

https://www.screencast.com/t/AlejhtOqu

Also, the field for the ‘tags’ needs to be in the form, even if you hide it using custom CSS to set it to display: none.

If you have a Custom Post Type (such as I describe), do NOT use standard Post Tags and Categories. Instead use a custom taxonomy.

If you are using normal Posts, Categories and tags, and realize now it would be better not to, there are tools (plugins) to help you easily make Custom Post Types (plugin is Custom Post Type UI), custom taxonomies for that new custom post type (the same CPT UI plugin), to be able to move a Post to a custom post type (Post Type Switcher plugin) and a plugin to move tags/terms to the new custom taxonomy (a plugin called Taxonomy Switcher).

Of these three plugins, only CPT UI would need to remain on yuor WordPress installation. The other two are use and then remove plugins.

Guilherme Euler
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

You would need to follow the advice I have sent you. Did you do that (or had you already done these things)?

Guilherme Euler
    Trevor Moderator
    Guilherme Euler
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Filter inside of an archive page’ is closed to new replies.