Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro filter for Event date?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anonymous

Hi,
    I’m setting up a filter for a list of Events. I want to have a radio button or drop-down with options: “All”, “Past”, or “Upcoming” to limit the results to Events in the past or future based on start date, which is a meta value. Is there a way to set up a filter parameter to perform this logic?

If the above isn’t possible, would you consider this workaround: I tried including a link after the search form to “Show Past Events”. It adds a var to the querystring and reloads the page and I can manually skip future Events if I find this var. As soon as you adjust one of the other filters, however, the ajax call clobbers this querystring var and so it shows all Events again. Is there any way to preserve my querystring var within the ajax call performed by the filters?

Thanks and great plugin BTW 🙂

Chris

Trevor

At this time, that issue will remain. It is something we plan to improve in V3.

Anonymous

Ok. Do you have a release date you’re shooting for for v3?

Trevor

I do not, sorry. We are working on it as time permits, but our main focus is to ensure we support the current version.

Anonymous

Ok, no worries. I’ll find a workaround. Thanks.

Trevor

If it assists you, we do have Ajax hooks you might use. Some for when auto Count runs, and some for when Ajax fires on the results:

<script>(function ( $ ) {
      "use strict";
      $(document).on("sf:ajaxfinish", ".searchandfilter", function(){
    // so load your scripts/function here again
      });
    }(jQuery));</script>

If you have Auto Count enabled, this might refresh the form, and so the above code would change to use sf:ajaxformfinish

Anonymous
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anonymous

Hi Trevor,
    Are there any updates on when the next version will be available? We are still wanting to filter results by whether a meta date value is in the past or future.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Trevor

I am sorry, I have no ETA on that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)