Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Filter avoiding categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Eduardo Medina

Hi Ross!

I am doing a website for a real state agency. I have set a page only to display the properties to sell. In this page I have a filter to look for area, price range, size, and so on. Every single property is a post with a “for sale” category. But I don’t have a filter for categories since it is obvious that if you are in the page “for sale” you don’t want to rent, for example.

Now, I have another page only to display the posts of the properties to rent. So every single property is a post with a “for rent” category.

But I am finding that if I don’t filter anything and I press the submit button the results include all the posts, not only the “for sale” but also the “for rent” and any other. Is there a way to avoid this? I mean, I would like to say to the plugin to look for in the posts, but not in certain categories? Is that possible?

Thanks so much!
    Eduardo

Ross Moderator

Hey Eduardo

This is currently not possible, to have separate search forms with separate categories in this way…

There may be a work around I can show you but I’ll have to think on it for a bit, or maybe I will add this to the plugin at the weekend as many users request this feature – all depends if I can find the time :/

🙂

Eduardo Medina

Hi Ross,

Currently it is not a big deal for me, I would like it to have the possibilty of doing it, but if it is not an easy and quick thing, it is ok. The chances of someone pressing the submit button without filtering some field before, are not very high, I guess.

Thanks anyway for considering to include it in the plugin, it would be a nice feature to have it in the future.

Thanks!

Ross Moderator

No problem Eduardo, other users have requested this so it will be included at some stage 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.